[Bf-committers] solving the issues of switching to python 2.4 on Os X for next release

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Tue Aug 23 22:09:18 CEST 2005

Chris Want wrote:

> How about:
>
> 5/ the python team includes #ifdef's so that blender can be
> built with either version?
>
> Then OSX (and IRIX) can happily stay with Python 2.3 until
> their main package suppliers upgrade.

Hi, no need for #ifdef's, as I said in an email to bf-python days ago:

http://projects.blender.org/pipermail/bf-python/2005-August/002971.html

... it's possible to link against 2.3 or 2.4 w/o any changes afaik. The
difference will be that scripts written with 2.4 features will fail in
Blenders using 2.3, but that's a minor issue imho. Script writers aware
of and wanting to use newer features can easily solve problems when needed.

--
Willian