[Bf-committers] colored wire patch

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Sun Sep 5 15:32:22 CEST 2004

Le 5 sept. 04, à 09:38, Theodore Schundler a écrit :

> Maybe the per-layer coloring could be integrated w/ the instinctive
> blender layermanager update? There's of course the matter of what color
> to use...maybe just the fist layer the object is in is what color is
> uses by default. I mentioned this idea on the wiki, so I eagerly tried
> your patch. It works for me. Though using it a bit, I think I
> deffinately want per-layer mesh coloring too.

The per-layer coloring goes with a form of layer manager, yes. Alexander
  implementation may do the trick (not tested it, but web doc seems ok).

The panel/not panel question has only implications when you want the
buttons
  view vertical, which is very handy (I have a wide screen). you need
panels
in this setup.

I would say that objects should have layer color by defaut.

The patch is very simple. For best use, we would need back face culling
in wire
mode.
--
Jean-luc