[Bf-committers] colored wire patch

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Sep 8 12:34:12 CEST 2004

Hi,

Blender currently uses wire colors in a way that conflicts with
user-defined coloring. I am also not convinced such a manual-labour
feature would really work for Blender.

I rather see some design/research efforts on a general requirements
level. What do you want (wireframe) colors to communicate? How does a
selection/active status cope with it? Or Objects that are not
selectable (in a set, or duplicated, or generated)? Objects from
libraries? Objects that denote keypositions?

My preference would still be a functionality-visualizing and automatic
coloring system, which can be adjusted or set according to what you are
doing or need to see.

-Ton-