[Bf-committers] EditMesh funcs must no longer be static

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Fri Oct 8 08:02:13 CEST 2004

Tom Musgrove wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> as part of a script I'm working on, I've needed a way to get screen
> coordinates of a meshes vertice.  So Michael Schardt has written some
> code exposing the needed functionality.  I think he plans to make the
> patch public shortly.
>
> I now have a mesh tool that displaces mesh according to an alphamask
> and the cursor location.  (Ie you can interactively draw displacement
> on your mesh).  Just thought I'd give you a heads up.
>
> Tom M.
> LetterRip

I've now confirmed that what you want is ridiculously easy with my
EditMesh module, although there seems to be a few bugs (like for example
findnearestface doesn't like to be called repeatedly over and over again).

Right now I have almost completed full vert/face/edge support, and plan
to add bindings to the Subdivide functions, and whatever other functions
I think will be useful before I submit it to bf-python.

joeedh