[Bf-committers] EditMesh funcs must no longer be static

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Oct 8 11:58:50 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have severe troubles with exposing editmesh to python. This code was
not meant (at all) to be a stable and accessible API, and it is due to
change dynamically as well. The last cleanup round wasn't even half
finished.

The editmesh is highly critical code that needs to be fully reliable &
stable, bothering about what's exported to third parties is not a
requirement I like to see happening now.

So what's the focus of our Python API? It can't be replacing C
coding... for that Blender wasn't designed at all.

-Ton-