[Bf-committers] GPU-Rendering

trip trip at spymac.com
Wed Nov 24 00:43:35 CET 2004

On Nov 23, 2004, at 5:21 PM, Bart wrote:

> On this site is a lot of interesting stuff about hardware acceleration
> in any matter. Check the categorie items on the right side:
>
> Advancd Rendering
> http://www.gpgpu.org/cgi-bin/blosxom.cgi/Advanced%20Rendering/
> index.html
>
> GPU Image Processing
> http://www.gpgpu.org/cgi-bin/blosxom.cgi/
> Image%20And%20Volume%20Processing/index.html
>
> ...and much more.
>
> Tom Musgrove wrote:

Which lead me to JAhshaka
" The development of Jahshaka 1.9a8 focused on cleaning up the core
code and development of the effects module.

  One of the main new features in this release of jahshaka is a new
unified core. All the jahshaka modules now share one OpenGL world space
and this has freed up a lot of resources.

  The cool thing is this allows jahshaka to run on any graphics card
with 16mb of texture memory or more... removing a major roadblock in
jahshaka adoption and opening it up to pretty much any pc out there.
"

NEat they figured out some methods, why not ask them a little of their
stuff. To me a GPU Blender just makes sense. Users of Blender work in
3D why not show everything in 3D even the render effects and lighting?