[Bf-committers] GPU-Rendering

car trip at spymac.com
Tue Nov 23 23:05:11 CET 2004

> Am Dienstag, 23. November 2004 22:18 schrieb Johannes Langlotz:
>
>> gpu rendering isn't really interesting for blender. you have to code
>> it
>> for every graphics card individually. and i believe this is NOT os
>> independent.
>>

> Except that isn't true, here is what I posted to bf-funboard,
>
> [QUOTE]
> Those of you who are interested in actually doing this should have a
> look at
> the course notes from Siggraph this year

Another thing that would make this even better is that it looks to me
like Blender is just constantly struggling to keep up or catch up with
the others. Blender could set the comnu a blaze if it were to bring out
a tool that no one else has at all for free.

Like Zbrush has the clay modeling down pretty tight with the power of 5
million pixels to model with.
Silo has the draw topology to make a clean mesh.
And other programs have more modeling tools. Blenders are fine but we
just barley got face selection power.

If Blender had super fast compositing and scene setup and rendering
that would make the tools work very well together instead of trying to
be a end all big tool .

> What about bob sliding? Fast and cool :)
Yes we will have that very very soon here :P