[Bf-committers] GPU-Rendering

Tom Musgrove tommusgrove__ at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 23 22:40:47 CET 2004

Am Dienstag, 23. November 2004 22:18 schrieb Johannes Langlotz:
>gpu rendering isn't really interesting for blender. you have to code it
>for every graphics card individually. and i believe this is NOT os
>independent.

Except that isn't true, here is what I posted to bf-funboard,

[QUOTE]
Those of you who are interested in actually doing this should have a look at
the course notes from Siggraph this year

http://www.gpgpu.org/s2004/

especially from the 3rd lecture though the 5th, after you've read those.
Head over to sourceforge and get brook.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/brook

Note that it has been designed so that the shader languages can be compiled
to it.  It is a fairly simple and intuitive addition to standard C, and can
be compiled to ATI, Nvidia, or reverts to the regular processor if it either
of those cards aren't available.
[/QUOTE]

Tom M.
LetterRip