[Bf-committers] Beta Testing for pre-release versions?

bf-committers@blender.org bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 15 May 2004 19:33:15 -0500

I do think a way of better testing would be good. Most of the coders
aren't really "artists" (some of you are) but a lot of you aren't. I
dabble but I'm certainly no artist. Maybe a little more time between
total freeze and release would be in order. I certainly don't think
there is any harm in it. You can add my name to an official beta
tester list if you want :-)

On a related but different note I think once a lot of the code has
been better reorganized and becomes less fragmented a lot of these
bugs in old features will cease to happen. Right now there are a lot
of places where changing one thing means changing it in a whole lot
of functions. That makes it really difficult even for the veteran
coder to keep from breaking something.