[Bf-committers] Beta Testing for pre-release versions?

Sat, 15 May 2004 22:27:38 +0200

Hi,

Your offer to work is welcome, and noted down. For releases we're =20
always interested in improving tests, and the linux team here can use =20=

help too. This topic will come back.

I expect from you to treat this with positive attitude though. Act as a =20=

team player please.

-Ton-

On Saturday, May 15, 2004, at 21:02 Europe/Amsterdam, Juan J. Pena Mena =20=

wrote:

> El s=E1b, 15 de 05 de 2004 a las 14:17, Jean-Luc Peuri=E8re escribi=F3:
>> Le 15 mai 04, =E0 19:45, Juan J. Pena Mena a =E9crit :
>>
>>> It isn't enough to have the group of volunteers, it also takes that
>>> each
>>> platform manager to post (the so far final) binary builds done by
>>> himself, and those are the builds that the beta group would test.
>>
>> I've done that for the Os X release (in the testing builds forum).
>>
>> Result : absolutly no report in 4 days, when there was downloads of
>> the binary.
>>
>> Taking on hold things already tested by the volunteers has no sense
>> if users dont test, and in my experience (on other projects), they
>> won't,
>> they will just play with the new features.
>
> Agreed, that is why I proposed for an official beta testing group (not
> just the casual forum passer-by) to use the binaries for EVERYDAY =
WORK.