[Bf-committers] Beta Testing for pre-release versions?

Anders Nilsson bf-committers@blender.org
16 May 2004 15:08:02 +0200

I'm not 100% sure of this but there might be consensus for artists
(correct me if I'm wrong) on not reporting bugs in the CVS-version (for
non coders). One thing that would be great is if some artists used the
cvs-version for every-day-work and reported each and every bug. This
would include both bugs in the code itself and in the building of the
source on various platforms. My suggestion here is to encourage artists
to use and report bugs for the cvs-version. I know my artist uses
blender from the cvs but if something goes wrong he just ignores it and
hope it fixes itself in the release version. Once release he would file
a bug report. Had he reported this, the cvs-version would be better.
Distributing binaries is good too of course.

Anders Nilsson