[Bf-committers] quit. menu

Tom bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:08:00 -0600

If I'm not mistaken, this issue has come up before. Oddly, you can
activate quit using Q only when editing a mesh. Unfortunately, q is
right next to the w-key, which is used to access a number of different
functions - several of which require hitting enter or clicking OK to
confirm. This is not good, since the same thing can happen. In my
opinion, quitting should not be so easy, as there is too much at risk.
Inadvertently quitting while editing a mesh means you've lost any
changes you've made. One thing I've mentioned before is to perhaps give
blender the same functionality as most other apps - if a file been
modified since the last save, ask the user if he/she wants to save the
changes before quitting. I'm not sure what ever happened with this.

Jim