[Bf-committers] yafray GI settings are not sufficient

Alejandro Conty Estevez bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:18:59 +0100

> I'm talking about simulating indirect lighting, the diffuse lighting you would
> get if you hid a real-world light source behind a screen and have the light
> hit a brightly colored object (like a room ceiling) first. I'm certain that
> this could work in yafray, but not when using it through blender.

Yes, would work, let me do a variation of the previus example. A night
scene where the light comes from a table lamp ( for example ) i.e a spot
lighting just a small area in the floor. Is that a good example of what
you mean?

> 2. I have not yet been able to setup photon lights in blender. So photons do
> not resolve this problem. I even added a photon light by hand once but in
> this case yafray didn't store any of photons it shot, so it was useless.

Well, then check the examples and tutorial at blender.org with photon
setup and all that stuff.

I have lot of work now here, so it might take me some time to do the
variation. But from what you say, it seems you haven't seen the examples
and tutorials at blender.org, so you have something to start with until
I do the other example.

jandro