[Bf-committers] ./configure : I can help, python includes

JLM aka cityhunter jlm_devel at laposte.net
Fri Dec 10 01:00:25 CET 2004

hello everybody
I'm currently creating an autoconf like tool that intends to be easier
to maintain than the autotools stuff while still beeing powerfull/ posix
portable
the tool is available at http://confiserie.berlios.de/
and I can create easely the tests  for blender if you provide me some
information / c files
the c file solution is the best but I can create the tests easely
without....

I need to know :
what packages are mandatory
what packages are optionals
how to test a package (what .h to include, if a version need to be
tested, where to find the tested information, the library to link with)
what tools are used to create the package
what tools are optional (used if present at runtime)

if you can provide me a .c for the headers/function testing, this file
don't need to be runnable but only compilable ie should fail to compile
if a header is missing, if a c-pre-processor feature can't be tested (a
#define version XXXX) or if a library is missing, for this it should
only syntaxily correct....

an exemple is included

I just then want to report that my python includes are in
/usr/include/python2.4/
so include "python.h" or include <python.h> will fail