[Bf-committers] Constraint Name Patch

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Dec 10 12:49:02 CET 2004

Hi,

The textbutton code inherits from about the oldest incarnation of UI
code I wrote... definitely worth to recode once in a more advanced
version yes.

The current safety for this case would be setting max on '29'. There's
no case here adding numbers to names.

I will commit the change. Thanks Chris! :)

On the strings size issue: we definitely can use an upgrade yes, but I
rather don't do this on incidents... it would be a good recode to do
once for a major release. Mostly because it destroys upward compability
(old blenders reading new files), not so much causing crashes, but the
SDNA system will truncate long names then, which can cause weird
errors.

-Ton-