[Bf-committers] Feature Proposal

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:20:55 +0200

Hi,

> I've always thought that since the mouse is itself a 2D device, making
> it operate in three dimensions all at once is a strange task.  Thus, I
> like how in other programs the two mouse axes are mapped to (generally)
> viewport x and z, while another button activates movement around the y
> axis

There are a couple of original design concepts in Blender I still
consider useful and very much worth sticking to. One of these ideas is
to make 3d editing available without bothering with decisions what the
X or Y or Z axis is.
The feature you describe is being dropped by other software (slowly)
too. Only CAD programs keep sticking to it.

-Ton-