[Bf-committers] Fix: Using Yafray for background rendering

Alejandro Conty Estevez bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:56:58 +0200

I have compiled blender with gcc 3.2 and yafray with gcc 3.3.3, just to
try. It works, no crash.

ABI changes, of course, will make it crash. It is the case of blender
gcc 2.96 + yafray gcc 3.3. But with compilers newer than 3.2 it seems to
work even if you use different one for blender. I'm still curious of that
problem when upgrading glibc. I have upgraded it some days ago and it
didn't break anything.

The only stl containers which crosses plugin boundaries are std::vector
and std::list.
And they are used read only. I didn't expect them to change betwen little
libstdc updates, but I also didn't expect spanish inquisition :) who
knows ...

Well, also std::string crosses it. A format change in one of these three
containers could result in a crash. If that turns out to be very common
I'll have to change the interface. Hope it won't, cause that would mess
the interface quite a lot.

jandro