[Bf-committers] Fix: Using Yafray for background rendering

surgeprotector bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:16:17 -0600

Alejandro Conty Estevez wrote:

> Are you using official blender?
>
> www.yafray.org:
> WARNING (linux only): For the plugin to work, you need to compile
> Blender and YafRay with the same compiler or at least same ABI. Packages
> are compiled with g++ 3.3, but official Blender uses 2.95, it won't
> work. You have to compile Blender yourself or try to compile YafRay with
> 2.95. We will try to put gcc 3.3 Blender binaries for download.

Now that I read this, I think what may have happened is that I
downloaded the official blender binary, and compiled the Yafray plugin.
Since I'm using a very recent (release) version of gcc, this could very
well be an ABI problem. If I download the Blender source and compile
that, I'm thinking it should work. I usually compile from CVS, but I
thought it might be faster just to do the binary when 1.34 was released.

Thanks for your response.

Jim