[Bf-committers] Proportional editing and Python scripts

Meino Christian Cramer bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 09 Aug 2004 20:23:06 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

 cause I am missing symmetrical editing functions in Blender (many
 things of our daily life are at least partly symmetrical in one or
 the other way) I am trying to build a Python script which tries to
 emulate a little of this functionality.

 I encounter a problem, which I dont know how solve.

 When in proportinal edit mode -- say with smooth falloff -- one can
 grab one vertex of a mesh and move it a little. Others in a certain
 sphere will follow then.

 It is easy to detect for a script, which vertex was selected, what
 was changed and to move its symmetrical (or mirrored) counterpart the
 same (but mirrored) way.

 Unfortunately I was not able to switch on proportional editing mode
 for vertice changed by my script.

 What did I miss? Or isn't it possible in general?

 Thank you very much for your attention and your help in advance!

 Kind regards,
 Meino, the end-user ;)