[Bf-committers] Re: [Ghost-devel] Ghost and fork()

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 03:57:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003, Vincent Caron wrote:

> I'm not sure about what you mean about 'global undo', but I believe it
> can't work as is. fork() only replicate the process context, which in a
> windowed environment is only the 'client' part of your program. The
> allocated ressources on the serviced part of your application (graphical
> window, pixmaps, widgets, etc) live a parallel life which is not
> captured by your fork().
>
> BTW, don't do polling and sleeps in processes, use a blocking call
> (select(<empty fsset>, NULL) will do) which will simply exit when a

I've replaced the PIL_sleep_ms by pause, which is more appropriate.

It seems like the particular problem is that calls to glFinish() don't
ever return, because that's exactly where various parts of Blender code
start to hang.

I've now #defined glFinish glFlush, and I'm now recompiling to see if it
gets any better.

It seems to be a minor problem, so it should be solvable :)