[Bf-committers] Sequencer Audio proposal and testing version

instinctive new media bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 23 May 2003 15:17:52 +0200 (CEST)

OK,

I've just fired up my IRIX box and hooked it up as far as
needed and I've tried your binary.

As all other big-endian testers, I only got garbage sound output,
and I noticed that the waveform display in the sequence strips is
also wrong.

This hints at a problem in the WAV file loader, NOT in my code,
as the sequence strip wav display doesn't do much more than just
take the shorts and use them as the length for the vertical lines.

Did sound in the game engine ever work on big-endian platforms, or
was it ever tested?

Anyway, if nobody else feels like it, I will try to compile instinctive
on irix and fix the loader.