[Bf-committers] Feature Request: Per-polygon properties

Thu, 12 Jun 2003 15:27:10 +0200

Hi,

Hrms... for inclusion in the main release we should choose a completely
different strategy, especially evaluating opportunities with Python.

It would mean developing a generic system to extend existing Blender
data. I would welcome a proposal for it, but it won't be simple...

The advantage of my quick hack is that you can quickly get it released.
Merging code can also be automated quite some, since you can minimalize
changes in Blender, and just add a few C files...

My advice is to not integrate it, and help us getting the specs right
for a major improvement of the exporting/extension system in current
Blender, or for new Blender 3.0...

-Ton-