[Bf-committers] GHOST and autoconf

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 13:26:27 -0400

Hello:

Still pushing towards an eventual decision on whether autoconf or NAN
makefiles are the "true way to Blender compilation," I have a question
or three.

1) When building using the NaN makefiles, I gather that the program is
linked against libraries present in the "lib" directory.

2) If this is true, is there a similar mechanism for the autoconf
system? For example, GHOST. Without merging the GHOST tree with the
Blender tree, how can one obtain a stable GHOST library and get it to
link to the autoconf-built Blender?

3) All the talk of creating a .blender directory and moving the files
necessary for international support, etc. are great... is ANYONE
working on this functionality for autoconf?

I really don't object to NaN makefiles, but I just want to know if, as
someone hoping to learn enough to contribute someday, I should forget
autoconf and focus on NaN makefiles, or if it is okay to keep using
autoconf because someday it will be "the way."

Thanks, sorry to keep bringing it up if y'er tired of hearing it. *grin*

-Bischofftep