[Bf-committers] GL_AUX buffers

Mon, 9 Jun 2003 16:46:43 +0200

Hi,

For the swapbuffers bug at OSX (while vertex paint, the selection codes
in the backbuffer gets swapped to the front) I decided to give AUX
buffers a test. This is an option, to assign another drawing buffer
(RGBA+Z) to a window. It works (at OSX) surprisingly well.

Makes me think to make it default for all platforms... with the aux
buffers being accessible for selection codes in general... or think of
other interesting things you want to draw in a hidden space. Apple
confirms AUX buffers are h.w accellerated, but it is very hard to find
the info on other cards/OS's.

So before even committing it to the tree for a cross platform test,
anyone here knows of it not being supported?

Calls involved are:

Defining OpenGL context:
	GLX_AUX_BUFFERS (X)
	AGL_AUX_BUFFERS (OSX)
	iPixelFormat cAuxBuffers (windows)

And in the code:
	glDrawBuffer(GL_AUX0);
	glReadBuffer(GL_AUX0);

The changes can be minimal, and will clean up ugly backdraw hacks in
the code as well.

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org