[Bf-committers] GHOST and autoconf

Hans Lambermont bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 20:51:16 +0200

Douglas Bischoff wrote:

> Still pushing towards an eventual decision on whether autoconf or NAN
> makefiles are the "true way to Blender compilation,"

As the NaN makefile system builder I'm interested too of course ;-)

> 1) When building using the NaN makefiles, I gather that the program is
> linked against libraries present in the "lib" directory.

Yep. By default. You can override per library if you wish by setting an
environment variable. The build system prints these while linking.

> I really don't object to NaN makefiles, but I just want to know if, as
> someone hoping to learn enough to contribute someday, I should forget
> autoconf and focus on NaN makefiles, or if it is okay to keep using
> autoconf because someday it will be "the way."

Dunno. As I said on the 'Blender liberation day' conference, I won't
stand in the way of the auto* efforts. It's up to ppl like you to
choose. Of course I'll miss my build system if you choose to ditch it
though ;-)

> Thanks, sorry to keep bringing it up if y'er tired of hearing it. *grin*

hehe :) No Problem.

Hans Lambermont
--
http://lambermont.webhop.org/   () ascii ribbon campaign - against HTML mail,