[Bf-committers] Last update is burning Tinderbox!

Frank van Beek bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 17:48:34 +0100 (CET)

Hi Michel,

> On Sat, 2003-02-01 at 13:06, Frank van Beek wrote:
> > A tip to all on the commit list: When doing a release, only commit stuff
> > that is really essential, like major bug fixes.
> >
> > Experiments, improvements and new features will all have to wait until
> > after the release. The most important thing just before a release is to
> > get a stable version and one that ahem... compiles. ;)
>
> I have to agree with you on this. I wouldn't have committed those files
> if I knew it would break.

The python/freeze thing is one of the trickiest and least understood parts
of Blender. (Except for maybe the SDNA stuff then. ;-)) A good cleanup
there would be very welcome.

> It's a not so essential update, but it saves time for those who are
> working to get the Python stuff working. And imho the Python stuff is
> essential for Blender...

It's just that the combination of 'doing a release' and 'tinderbox is on
fire' brings back bad memories. ;-)

Frank.