[Bf-committers] Funny feature commented out :)

instinctive new media bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 13:41:02 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 13 Apr 2003, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> I have no problem with restoring the Group feature for selection. But
> it could be useful to evaluate this a bit more, what else can it be
> used for? And how does it integrate nicely with Blender?
>
> -Ton-

Hey Ton!

Well, you can imagine i was quite surprised when I found that
stuff, and saw its actual usefulness. There is no doubt that
parenting is mostly a sufficient grouping feature, though, even
more as it establishes a clear hierarchy between the objects,
which is maybe even more useful than conventional grouping, where
all objects are treated 'equal'.

Still, I also think this code won't hurt, so i propose it should
be re-incorporated into the next release, after solving the
'double ALT-G' issue (clear location/clear group).

I've also seen the Group keys stuff, after uncommenting the
group buttons in buttons.c. I was able to give groups names,
insert group keys, which leads to a menu appearing in the
animation buttons containing options like Sta:, End:...

It seems though that this is not yet implemented? Groups and
group keys/IPOs don't appear in the IPO editor, or in the OOPS
window.

Maybe you can enlighten me more on this :)