[Bf-committers] Meeting notes april 6, 2002

Sun, 13 Apr 2003 15:20:46 +0200

Hi all,

I've lost the irc log, but made notes at paper as well :)

- Green mentioned his Renderman project will remain in Tuhopuu, as
work-in-progress, and not supported nor released until he gives a go,
which might be somewhere this summer.
- Cessen's work on the renderer is in Tuhopuu, except for the new
hatching stuff. (BTW: a few days ago he mailed me and said it's updated
& fit for release with bf-blender).
- A games company expressed interest in having Python support for Bones
and Armatures. Aphex, Larstiq and Michel keep in touch with them.
- For the translation project, a new CVS and 'project' will be created.
We still need some admins to maintain that though.
- Phase has a paper on how the new fonts and translation works in
Blender. He has little time to work on this the next weeks, so some
assistance (and feedback!) is welcome.
  - The current work at Python is replacing the old C files with a new
architecture, but compatible with the current API. Finished work, like
the Camera module, cannot be released yet for that reason.
- Windows texture and sequence plugins work again, can be released.
- The collision library SOLID will be back! We have to study if the
license fits though, but the creator of solid (Gino) is motivated to
make it work for Blender. Latest news is that the deadline for
publishing the code has been moved to 7 july (2-3 months earlier!).

Agreed on is that we'll move to a next release now, meaning that adding
new functionality is limited to what was discussed before, and what
already is in Tuhopuu. We also should take more time to look at the
reported bugs at projects.blender.org. People proposed to do a 'bug fix
fest' online, at IRC and maybe at a different date. It was difficult to
agree on a date though, so we will use the next meeting to do that.

Next meeting topics:

- status of release features
- discussing and assigning bugs & feature fixes

Thanks!

-Ton-