[Bf-committers] CVS, Make & MSVC

Rene Dudfield bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:11:52 +0100 (BST)

 --- Upi Tamminen <desaster@dragonlight.fi> wrote: >
Hmm.. CMake seems to generate absolute paths instead
> of relative in the
> Makefiles, e.g.:
>
> CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE =
> /home/desaster/blender/source/cmake/blender
> CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY =
> /home/desaster/blender/source/cmake/blender
>
> So these generated makefiles are only useful to me,
> not for releases

This is not good.  Maybe it is an option.  If not may
not be too hard to add as an option.  Or write a
script which replaces
'/home/desaster/blender/source/cmake/blender' with the
top level dir of the blender install.

> Also, cmake does lot of important checks when ran,
> just like autotools'
> configure script.  End-users would need to install
> cmake to properly
> build blender, while with autotools the generated
> configure script is totally
> independent of autoconf/automake

That is a big plus for the autotools.  Perhaps we
could package cmake with blender?  cmake has
practically no dependencies.

The other option is create project files from the
autotools somehow.  Anyone able to do this within a
couple of weeks/months?  I'll look some more at the
crystalspace tool, see if it is useful.

Which ever method is used for generating project
files,   the config step will need to run on the users
system.