[Bf-committers] CVS, Make & MSVC

Upi Tamminen bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:33:40 +0300

Hmm.. CMake seems to generate absolute paths instead of relative in the
Makefiles, e.g.:

CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE = /home/desaster/blender/source/cmake/blender
CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY = /home/desaster/blender/source/cmake/blender

So these generated makefiles are only useful to me, not for releases

Also, cmake does lot of important checks when ran, just like autotools'
configure script.  End-users would need to install cmake to properly
build blender, while with autotools the generated configure script is totally
independent of autoconf/automake

--
desaster@dragonlight.fi | GSM: +358407154358
GnuPG public key: http://www.imnetti.fi/~desaster/public_key.asc