[Bf-committers] CVS, Make & MSVC

Rene Dudfield bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:58:49 +0100 (BST)

The crystal space msvc generator is in this directory
of the crystal space distribution:
mk/msvcgen/

The main author is Eric Sunshine.  It's written in
perl(so a perl interpreter would be needed).  I can't
really play around with it as I don't have msvc.  So
hopefully someone else can have a look.

It might not be too hard to extract the info the
generator needs from the autotools make files.

Also tmake/qmake/cmake have some code for generating
msvc project files.

I think bundling cmake with blender may be an option.
To make it easy to for users to install.  The absolute
path name issue should be able to be solved as well.