[Bf-committers] Re: Is this a public list?

Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:03:11 +0200

ton@blender.org (2002-10-23 at 1628.55 +0200):
> We've started this list to bring together people who've managed to get
> Blender compiling at different platforms, and to discuss with them the
> right way to reporganize compiling more 'out-of-the-box' friendly.

"Autoconfiscated" version built in RH73. Trying Upi's version fails,
missing OpenAL, and no RPM for it. So I guess making one would be
required (investigating that now) or telling people to get the tarball
or making it easy to disable, whichever other system is used to build
Blender. That is the ob-listtopic. :]

> It was meant as an invitation-only list, to keep the discussions
> efficient. Who posted this link? And why? I can't find it...

The info appeared in
http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=222
and IRC, so the genie is out of the box.

Some people that have been building know zero about the list, and
probably others that do not build, know. Getting things moving on
should not collide with people reading, I think it is even nice that
people see things move, so they can stop saying all is chaos and
madness. If stupid talk appears, there is private mail (not setting
the reply-to sometimes helps, you have to think about where are you
sending), and after first public notification to stop doing severe
nonsenses, kick out of list. Works with other devel lists I know.

GSR

PS: Everyone can start practizing that, reply-to flamage, via private
mail, OK? :]