[Bf-committers] Re: Is this a public list?
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:25:21 +0200
> The info appeared in
> and IRC, so the genie is out of the box.
I've replaced the posting with a general blahblah. Everyone here at the
list can stay, no problem. But I clearly want to confirm that this is
not the 'official' developers list (yet!). People here are still free to
invite others, especially when they have knowledge on the requirements
for a specific OS.
I prefer to keep the discussion focussed at how to make a definite
release of the Blender code:
- which compiles out of the box, for artist/coders as well.
- which allows all current platforms to do development at:
Win, Linux, BSD, Solaris, Irix, OSX
- which allows migration to more platforms too (Beos, ...)
- which allows developers to use MSVC project files
- which can be achieved quickly (think weeks, not months)
Currently we are discussing the feasiblity to adopt Cmake for generating
makefiles and project files.
I would like to get feedback on that, especially for the windows users
Ton Roosendaal | firstname.lastname@example.org | Blender Foundation
Amsterdam | The Netherlands | http://www.blender3d.com