[Bf-committers] IRIX Build instructions?

instinctive new media bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 17:46:11 +0100 (CET)

Hi people,

I just subscribed to the list yesterday. I use Blender on
an SGI Octane and would be interested in helping to port
Blender to IRIX (I have Mipspro C and C++ compilers).

I've heard so far that there is limited success with building
it on IRIX, yet, it segfaults on startup because of font stuft
(from what I've heard).

I've committed the CVS tree, but that doesn't get very far and
stops at:

"GHOST_EventPrinter.cpp", line 58: error(1132): namespace "std" has no member
          "cout"

I have no clue about C++, though I do have limited 'clue' about
C :)

Maybe someone could provide me with a link to instructions on
how you managed to compile Blender on IRIX.

uname -a
IRIX64 fantasy 6.5 04131233 IP30