[Bf-committers] IRIX Build instructions?

John K. Walton bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 11:48:56 -0500 (EST)

mipspro version is up to 7.3.1.3m with IRIX 6.5.15.

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002, instinctive new media wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I just subscribed to the list yesterday. I use Blender on
> an SGI Octane and would be interested in helping to port
> Blender to IRIX (I have Mipspro C and C++ compilers).
>
> I've heard so far that there is limited success with building
> it on IRIX, yet, it segfaults on startup because of font stuft
> (from what I've heard).

at last compile attempt (a week or so ago)

> I've committed the CVS tree, but that doesn't get very far and
> stops at:
>
> "GHOST_EventPrinter.cpp", line 58: error(1132): namespace "std" has no member
>           "cout"

i haven't re-cvs'ed for a while... no time lately.

> I have no clue about C++, though I do have limited 'clue' about
> C :)

welcoem to the ranks :-)

> Maybe someone could provide me with a link to instructions on
> how you managed to compile Blender on IRIX.

i don't think anyone really has yet. if you're using the auto-\conf
method, it's the same as GNU/Linux. If you're using the old Makefiles
I don't know. I haven't tried them on cvs01.