[Bf-codereview] GPU buffers refactor (issue4631052)

NicholasBishop at gmail.com NicholasBishop at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 02:50:19 CEST 2011

> I would like to add that the more done to derived mesh and gpu buffers
the more
> likely there are to be merge conflicts with Onion.  Fortunately, for
me at
> least, I have not done anything in these areas except merge what Nick
has
> already done in another branch, so if there are conflicts at least
Nick is
> acquainted with it enough to resolve the problems, I hope.

> I'm still not completely familiar enough with these files.  The only
thing I've
> done in Onion that is different from Nick's work is to write a
mask/paint color
> blending function that does not let the mask disappear even if a base
paint
> color component is 0 or 1, i.e., the mask always has a visible effect.

Hi Jason, hopefully there should not be too many conflicts with this;
the sculpt code uses its own set of drawing functions that only slightly
overlap with the regular mesh drawing. (That in itself is something that
should probably be fixed over time.)

On 2011/06/22 14:13:03, brechtvl wrote:
> I agree we should do incremental improvement of drawing code, this
kind of
> refactoring is a good step in my opinion. As far as I'm concerned this
can go in
> after the 2.58 release is out and svn is open for changes again.

Thanks for reviewing Brecht, I'll commit soon.

> It looks like this indeed a bug in the current code, well spotted :)
GL_ is the
> compile time check, GLEW_ is runtime to see if the driver supports it.

Committed this correction to trunk, thanks for finding it psy-fi :)

http://codereview.appspot.com/4631052/