[Bf-blender-npr] normal-edit modifier

Wasili Novratidis v.novratidis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 17:29:15 CEST 2015

Vicente schreef op 31-3-2015 om 0:14:
> Hi,
>
> Yesterday I notified this bug (https://developer.blender.org/T44180)
> but apparently it's not a bug, it's a feature...
> I don't want to argue with the coder, not his fault.
> I know you can do "something" with the groups but even then in the
> extreme areas you always get a glitch.
> The main use case of normal-edit for me would be to spherify the
> normals in Anime-styled faces. But right now is completely useless for me.
>
> What do you guys think about it?
>
> Regards
>
> Vicente

Took another look into this. Yes agree, the workaround would be to use
different vertex groups. So it is still possible but it is something
more time consuming. Unless I am mistaken, problem is you cannot see the
altered normals so you are not aware if this problem exists. This is a
real issue, no user feedback what you are doing.

Wasili