[Bf-blender-npr] normal-edit modifier

Wasili Novratidis v.novratidis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 16:34:00 CEST 2015

Vicente schreef op 31-3-2015 om 0:14:
> Hi,
>
> Yesterday I notified this bug (https://developer.blender.org/T44180)
> but apparently it's not a bug, it's a feature...
> I don't want to argue with the coder, not his fault.
> I know you can do "something" with the groups but even then in the
> extreme areas you always get a glitch.
> The main use case of normal-edit for me would be to spherify the
> normals in Anime-styled faces. But right now is completely useless for me.
>
> What do you guys think about it?
>
> Regards
>
> Vicente

Well the normal change was requested by the NPR community as well as the
BGE community. A problem here should be addressed but maybe there is a
workaround. A few months back this post was done according another
normal addon
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?259554-Addon-EditNormals-Transfer-Vertex-Normals.
And in the G+ anime forum we had some posts about how Softimage could
change normals in an intuitive way: https://vimeo.com/115104048.

If it is not possible at this stage to create the desired effect, is it
possible to do it in pyhton yes or no? I believe so because all the
ingredients are in place. Afcourse that will not mean this will be an
easy feat but it should not prove to difficult as well. Any ideas?

Wasili