[Bf-blender-npr] priority targets for Freestyle and Blender NPR capabilities

Light BWK wk.bong at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 10:21:08 CEST 2014

Hi,

Based on work demand, we think these are of priority for BNPR
1. Adding Z depth information to rendered Freestyle lines. (needed a
lot in motion graphics)
2. Support for vertex groups in feature edge selection and line
stylization. (very wanted feature)
3. UI for face/edge marks animation (not priority but wanted)

>- reduced memory consumption in Freestyle (Task 1)
Wanted, urgently

>- Freestyle integration into Cycles (Task 2)
High priority for better exposure

>- built-in SVG export of Freestyle line drawing (Task 3)
Not priority, but nice to have

To sum up, order of priority for BNPR
0. reduced memory consumption in Freestyle
1. Support for vertex groups in feature edge selection and line stylization
2. Adding Z depth information to rendered Freestyle lines
3. Freestyle integration into Cycles
4. built-in SVG export of Freestyle line drawing
5. UI for face/edge marks animation

Best regards,

Light BWK (representing BNPR team)