[Bf-blender-npr] BF Development Fund project on Freestyle and NPR

Vicente vicentecarro at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 02:35:37 CEST 2014

Hi,

Great news indeed!

As an active user of Freestyle (and Blender of course) and part of BEER
I would like to point a few things.

Just in case this is not the same than the "View Map Caching" thing:
Taking advantage of the refactoring process it would be great to have an
option to re-render the Freestyle pass alone(without re-render the other
passes). So basically All Freestyle-sensible data of the last render
should be preserved in order to re-render FS pass with that data. In a
first stage the process could be 100% artists driven so if we change the
geometry or the camera and we launch the "re-render FS" we are going to
use the last data(so, it's our problem if we change something). In a
future implementation it could be smart and detect changes in the scene.

Also about the FS pass. Instead of being a sibling of the Combined pass
it could be a vector pass (even if we don't really have vectorial passes
in Blender, btw implementing that would be a hell of work). Having a
native vectorial pass of the FS pass would be terrific for Anime/Manga
and other areas. But I assume this is hardly possible (implementing
vector stuff, new vector editor, and a new or updated output format
allowing both pixmap and vector all together.)

+1 To the line style preview. I don't mind if it's an specific window or
the common one, but the feature itself will be a huge help.

Apparently intersections are out of the reach of these 3 months work,
but I just wanted to mention it. It's a really important missing feature.

Question. Can we access the source code? If so, What's the git command
to get it?

Best regards,

Vicente