[Bf-animsys] Layered Bone Deform

Bassam Kurdali bassam at urchn.org
Sun Nov 16 17:40:07 CET 2014

So is this basically like using more than one armature? If it can be
achieved with two armatures (or 3) I'm against it; just use those
armatures, and if the problem is that it is cumbersome to add
constraints/select bones across multiple armatures, I'd just fix that
(which would also help animators working with multiple rigs) rather than
add still more complexity into the system (without actual benefit)

Remember: make simple things easy, difficult things possible!

For the record, I'm already rigging with 3 armatures for complex
characters, sometimes more. I think the issue is the interaction between
them for the user (adding constraints, multi-pose mode selection) not
basically jamming multi armatures into one.
Unless I misunderstood....
Cheers
Bassam