[Bf-animsys] Pole angle and IK constraints ...

Gaia gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Fri Jan 24 11:42:23 CET 2014

Hi;

We can define a Pole Target and a Pole Angle when we add an IK
constraint to a bone. However i believe that the pole angle is actually
defined as follows:

/"the pole angle is the angle between the bone's local x axis and the
connection line between the pole target and the bone"/

If this is true, then we can calculate the pole angle. here is an
unfinished python example for how it could be done (probably it can be
done better):

http://www.pasteall.org/48987

So am i correct ? If not can you please give me a reason and an example
for a situation where i WANT to set the pole angle manually ?

cheers,
Gaia