[Bf-animsys] Pole angle and IK constraints ...

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Fri Jan 24 15:00:30 CET 2014

An IK constraint works on a chain of bones, controlling the overall
direction of a chain does not have a single obvious solution, so
there's user control over it. There does not seem to be a good reason
to remove user control here and break rigs, even if almost no one
needs to set it manually.

I do think it would be good to set the pole angle automatically
instead of the user having to tweak it manually before it's usable. I
just didn't get to implementing that at the time, setting it manually
only takes a couple of seconds so it wasn't a priority.