[Bf-animsys] Proposal for adding a color swatch to the weight paint panel

Gaia gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Tue Jul 2 13:31:42 CEST 2013

Hi Campbell, Nathan;

My original reason why i proposed a swatch was:

1.) When I want to tweak small areas i want to paint with
colors close to the colors already used nearby.

2.) when i want to tweak the transition between 2 bones
i might wantto choose an average color "in between"
the transition area.

Ok, i did not know that we have CTRL+LMB for color picking
This makes my primary reasonsfor color indicator much less
important.

So, here is an alternative proposal:
Make the color picker visible for those who do not know
about ctrl+lmb, as shown on left side of this image:

     http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=54716

This would already be very helpful here.

But (still thinking in colors) what about adding a
"current color indicator" like shown on the right side
of the image ? The small circle below the picker either
shows the color in use (when picker is inactive),
or the color under the picker (when picker is active) ?

-Gaia-