[Bf-animsys] Animation Proposal

Gianmichele Mariani g.mariani at liquidnet.it
Fri Oct 2 08:34:30 CEST 2009

Here at work no one uses the dopesheet to be honest, simply because when
you're in blocking, you have all your keys on the same frame (no need to use
it) and when you start offsetting keys most of the work is done in the graph
editor. But as I said before, everyone has got a different workflow, and
probably mine is based on some really bad habits :)
Also, I completely agree with Nathan that the tool is there already, and I
am completely against redundancy (Maya is a master in this, and I hate it!).
As I said before though, during the blocking having to deal with the whole
list of channels is redundant too and just by making the workflow a little
easier I'm pretty sure timeline lovers will be really happy :D

For an example, have a look at Messiah Studio. The timeline is there but
when you expand it it becomes a full dopesheet or a graph editor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhq0nd0siAA  (around min 8:30)

Cheers,

Gian