[Bf-animsys] Animation Proposal

Nathan Vegdahl nathanvegdahl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 00:59:30 CEST 2009

At least with the Maya animators I've worked with, none of them use
the timeline to manipulate keys.  Although, admittedly, that's
anecdotal.

But in any case, I'm not sure what benefits that provides over doing
the exact same thing in the dopesheet anyway?  The workflow you
described is identical to the dopesheet: box-select keys, move/scale.

I guess I'm not *against* allowing people to manipulate keys in the
timeline, per se.  I just don't see the point.  We already have an
interface that's designed for that.  If it's deficient, we can improve
it.

--Nathan V