[Bf-animsys] Visualisation Matters

joe joeedh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 09:27:36 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 1:15 AM, Gianmichele
Mariani<g.mariani at liquidnet.it> wrote:
> About ghosting, or as it's called in the 2d arena, onion skinning, it is
> used mainly during the construction of a pose and in the blocking/breakdown
> definition phase. As a result I think the the only ability should be to
> visualize the previous and next keyframe (not frame). That is why should be
> on the actual mesh and not on bones or other things (I still don't know how
> one can use only the armature to pose a character).

Eh that's kindof an authoritative statement.  There's a fair number of
different animation workflows, and I imagine many people would hate
working that way.  I certainly would, I use ghosting to detect spacing
problems, which certainly wouldn't work if you could only see the
previous/next keyframe.

Joe