[Uni-verse] Re: Audio demo situation?

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Thu Nov 9 13:33:24 CET 2006

[...]
> Samuel just tried Quel and it seems that now it compiles nicely, but
> don't start at Linux (similar problems that Ludde had). He promised to
> send more details soon.

If so, in case he didn't follow the discussion to know the resolution,
it was: in b_sdl.c (assuming you build with SDL back-end), edit the
b_sdl_system_wrapper_set_display() function very close to the start of
the file, to lessen the demands it has on the visual. For Ludde, removing
the need for 8 bits of RGB worked, since he for some reason runs a 16-bit
desktop. For my laptop, I need to lower the depth precision requirement
to 16 bits.

Eskil has mentioned plans to improve this function, so it tries several
"fallback" configurations, if the best one fails. No idea on the timeframe
for that, though.

Regards,

/Emil