[Uni-verse] Re: Audio demo situation?

Lauri Savioja las at tml.hut.fi
Thu Nov 9 13:24:30 CET 2006

Hi all,

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006, Emil Brink wrote:

> [...]
> >>
> >>It seems that there has been some confusion. I thought that Max will
> >>load the material database, but it seems that I've been mistaken. We
> >>will make a vml-database of acoustic materials and load it to the
> >>Verse server to overcome this problem.
> >>
> >This makes me confused as well: Max assigns material names. The database
> >module Emil wrote reads the material names and insert material
> >properties in the server
> >form the list of material names and properties stored in "the database".
> >Emil can correct me if I'm wrong here. What more is needed?
>
> No, this is in line with my understanding too. I did a minor change to the
> material database program last week, and handed it to Mattias for testing
> this Monday. From what I've heard, it helped, and it works better now when
> he changes the names of materials in Max.

Perfect! We had completely forgotten the existence of this tool, sorry!

> I guess I can do such testing myself from Connector, but on the other hand
> it's better to do the "true" testing directly, to see if that works. Which
> it does, as far as I've heard.

> >>No.
> >>
> >>Quel Solaar works in Windows. Linux version hasn't been tested
> >>lately, but at least several months ago we didn't succeed in
> >>compiling it.
> >>
> >Please test both of them!
>
> Yes, and please provide further detail if there are problems compiling
> Quel on Linux ... That sounds like something we should be fixing. For
> things like these, I feel that we would be helped by having some kind of
> bug tracker, but ... I don't know if that would fit Eskil's way of working.
> :/

Samuel just tried Quel and it seems that now it compiles nicely, but
don't start at Linux (similar problems that Ludde had). He promised to
send more details soon.

Regards,
	Lauri

> Glad to hear that the preparations seem to be going well.
>
> Regards,
>
> /Emil

Lauri Savioja
Telecommunications Software and Multimedia Laboratory
Helsinki University of Technology
PO Box 5400, FIN-02015 TKK, Finland
Tel. +358-9-451 3237     Fax +358-9-451 5014