[Soc-2010-dev] Status report (Pathfiding)

Nick Samarin nicks1987 at bigmir.net
Sat Jun 19 02:17:07 CEST 2010

Project: Recast&Detour integration

Done this week:
1) Development of obstacle simulation :
- obstacle registration for correct work on object creation/deletion
- obstacle culling to enable work with 3d scenes
2) Development of steering actuator:
- option for actuator deactivation when target is reached (self termination)
- period for path recalculation
- path following (advance by waypoints when path is calculated)

Plan for next week: to finish the path following, to start Recast
integration

We got news from Mikko Mononen (the author of Recast&Detour, Project Cane)
about his plans. He plan to release the new code for local navigation. So we
decided to make little correction  for the plan of my work: I am going to
start the Recast integration on the next week. And when the Mikko's release
will be available I'll finally finish the work with steering behaviours.

--
Yours sincerely, Nick Samarin